Monday, August 31, 2009

Welcome to the internet

The funniest thing has happened to me this week. I am still learning alot with this computer. I have come along way in the last few years but still learning every day. Awhile ago I signed up on face book. But it was one of those things I really couldn't figure out. I have had a myspace forever and whenever I want to make changes or update pictures I have to have my daughter do it for me. Any way, before my illness I worked with a group of people I got very very close to. We were all good friends which is sometimes the only way you can work under some circumstances. Any way we all drifted our own way's one friend went to Florida, another is still working at the store, more found other employment in town, any way, one by one we have found each other on facebook. Yeah! even if we can't see each other in person we can catch up and stay in touch through this mighty little machine. Staying in contact with people you become close to can be such a rare thing so I am so very blessed to have this happen. Just wanted to share that little moment of excitment.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you found your friend. I had a myspace for all of 5 minutes once. I hated it and deleted the account about as fast as I signed up.

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should put an Etsy mini of your stuff on your blog. Or a link to your shop or something. An Etsy mini is easy to make, you make it over on Etsy (if you go to your etsy and look on the left hand side there should be an etsy mini link) then you take the HTML code it gives you, come back over to your blog and click layout, then add a gadget, choose the gadget titled HTML/Java Script, put your HTML in it, and you have an Etsy mini. You could always ask for better instructions on the forum, too, as I make buyer etsy mini's and you would be making a seller one and it may be a tad different, I am not sure.

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Puss, I am going to try to follow your directions and do this this weekend. I am just sooooo bad with all this little stuff, it helps when someone kind of directs me and sooner or later I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know where your coming from. Good thing we have our kids. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put step by step instructions on my blog for adding a mini etsy to a blog - because it took me so long to find out how to do it. I hope this helps. If it does, leave a comment!

    http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/search/label/mini%20etsy

    ReplyDelete