Sunday, August 23, 2009

Blessings

Hi folks. It's late Sunday night, babysitting but grandson is quietly playing video games. I broke my neck all week getting ready for my sidewalk sale, every time I turned around my daughter had something come up and didn't accomplish what she should have, I advertised it in the paper for 3 days, spent the night before setting a bunch of stuff up in my living room because I knew there was a good chance of rain. Saturday morning no one is here but me, trying to get set up, daughter gets here to late to accomplish anything. I advertised that the sale started at 12:00 , at 11:00 I had one car after another stopping and asking to look even though they were early, I let them and continued to try setting up , every time I tried to do anything outside it started to sprinkle so I gave up and kept everything on the porch or my living room with the door open. Well after the drove of people who came and went before noon while I was trying to get stuff out .....I sat here all alone all dayyyyyy long. So total of this sale just about covered what the newspaper cost me. First and Last yard sale for me.

On a brighter note, I am super excited tonight. I actually got a job today. I had an interview this afternoon and was hired right there. I start Wednesday. You have no idea what a relief this is, I am so tired of worrying about what I am going to do. Any way I am working in a deli called Legends Cafe. Really neat.
You walk in, very casual, very deli like, the walls have posters such as from the movie ScarFace with Al Pacino. Everything on the menu is named after a sports star or movie star Like these:
The Mickey: Chicken parm sandwich
The Earnhardt: Turkey melt
The Deniro: Tuna salad wrap
The Hepburn: Grilled chicken wrap.
And on and on, even the salads are named after Tv shows. I think it is going to be great fun and I am so looking forward to it. So I feel blessed to end this weekend on a Happy note. Goodnight all.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new job. We've had yard sales off and on for years. This past year we've decided to sometimes post on craigslist or donate to the Arc or a women's shelter. Yard sales are just so time consuming. Best of luck on your new found employment.

    Thanks for the great comment and the follow.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete