Friday, June 12, 2009

A tough decision made.

Hi everyone, hope all are doing well today and if you are doing Etsy's Yart Sale, hope your selling like crazy!
If you have read a few of my most recent posts, you know I have been struggling with some decision about my craft. I have been giving alot of thought to some changes and had come up with a few ideas but after a long conversation with my brother last evening my ideas were turned into a decision. Thank you Dave.

I am involved in the Yart Sale, have been doing alot of stuff that I get very little enjoyment out of just to keep my shop visible and promote some traffic to it which really hasn't worked. I will be the first to admit, when I do sell, I undersell my work because I need the money just to pay my Etsy fees' which are not hugh but without the sales can't do it. Any way....................................
As I said, I am doing the Yart sale thing with rock bottom prices hoping to get some stuff cleared out of the shop. When the sale ends on the 14th I am going to get serious. I am deleting all the stuff I don't like to do. Gone, no more work just to have a presence. I am sitting down (already doing) with pen and paper doing some math. Cost of supplies, amount of work hours, fees to be a part of Etsy, shipping costs. At that point I will reprice all the work I wish to keep in my shop so that I may make a small profit, not just cover what it cost me to do this. From this moment on, I will only create what I love, sell what I love for a reasonably profitable price point. Then I will spend a month, tracking views on the items as compared to what I have had so far, will track hearted items, will track sales, comparing to previous months. This information will help me in a final decision of whether I am on the right track or is it time for major changes.
Love it when I can finally come to a solid decision about something and boy does it help to have these very rare talks with my brother who is extremely knowledgable in the field of making a living on line. I will update you with my progress in about a month.

1 comment:

  1. i got 2 sales but not from yart its hard to get noticed.

    ReplyDelete