Sunday, June 14, 2009

Good Sunday Morning

I was thinking yesterday while at the parade, I talk with people all over the world. Through my Etsy shop, on Twitter, and a few other places. While i was waiting for the parade I was in the local park and was taking pictures of all the things I love about where I live. The park has always been one my and my granddaughters favorite places to be on a nice day. My town is so full of such amazing, rich history, I would like to share a bit with people that I am talking with and creating long distance friendships across the world. So today, I would like you to meet Spit and Spat. That really is the fountains name. Spit and Spat are hand carved out of Italian Marble. Sitting on the edge of the fountain and watching the water spray is just such a great feeling. A few years ago some foolish teens vandalised these statues. They did thousands and thousands of dollars in damage. The city of Saratoga took on a year of fundraising and donation begging to be able to pay a sculpture Artist to repair them but they pulled it off and saved our treasure. Any way, this is today's part of my world.
I am not feeling good at all today because I pushed myself a bit to hard yesterday to walk down to the parade and through the park but I find something strangely satisfying about being in pain because I pushed myself to do something I am not supposed to be able to do. And I have the HUGH swollen ankles and knees today to prove it. Yet, I have a big to do list today and this blog was first and now onto other things, mostly centered around my Etsy shop to get ready to start implementing my changes when the Yart sale is done tonight. I hope you all have a wonderful, joyous, restful Sunday today.

1 comment:

  1. stunning fountain! Love the name, too. LOL. I would love to get there sometimes.

    ReplyDelete