Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Project!


Good morning everyone, I am super excited about a new project. Last night after I got home from work, I was just relaxing and drinking a cup of coffee while I surfed around a bit. I ran into some information that truly got me going. The Holocaust Museum in Houston is working on an Exhibit to be unveiled in the Spring of 2012. They are creating an exhibit of over 1.5 million hand made butterflies to represent the children lost in the holocaust.
Can you imagine? They are looking for donations of hand crafted butterflies in just about any medium , preferably 2 dimensional. You have to know, to someone like me who loves a reason to make butterflies that is all it takes to get the creative juices flowing!
I know it may sound crazy for me to want to do this what with me being so over loaded right now between work and my shops and Avon and home but this is a challenge I must be involved in. So, the deadline to turn in your donation is November of 2011 , I am going to put my odd seedbeads and rainbow of sequins to great use. I don't know how many I can do but having a full year to do it, I should be able to ship off a nice sized box of butterflies. Sorry, I am truly excited by this challenge. If you would like to read about the museum the website is:
http://www.hmh.org/

2 comments:

  1. I think I want to participate too! I LOVE to make butterflies--I have a few of them right now in my shop. I'm going to check this out and see if I can donate some too!

    Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant thing to be involved with! Hope you have lots of fun creating those butterflies

    ReplyDelete