Thursday, May 21, 2009

On a mission

I thought I would tell you today about my ornaments. I make old fashioned felt and sequin ornaments besides my jewelry. I have always used them as a fundraising tool for things close to my heart. I think, no matter how tough things are for you, if you do one little thing to help some one else, you can feel good about you. I make 32 different ornaments, last year I started doing two charities with them, off Etsy I sold them with 10% of the profit going to ASAP, to help fund research for Chiari and Syringomellia. On Etsy I sold them with 10% of the profit going to Esterville, a local no kill animal shelter. This was my grandaughters project, she dreams of saving all the animals in the world. I am rethinking how I want to do this and here is what I have come up with. Since both fundraisers are to be an ongoing thing, I have decided to just deduct the cost of the ornament and then just split the entire profit right down the middle, half going to Esterville and half going to ASAP. Lets face it, the small amount of money I charge for the ornaments, it takes a while to come up with even $10.00 to send out. So over the next few weeks, I am going to put my change into my Etsy announcement and start stocking more ornaments in the shop and I am thinking, maybe eventually put them here with information how to purchase off Etsy. anyway, that is my thought process today, keeps my mind focused on pushing forward with something other than me. Better break out the sequins!

2 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous! I just don't have the patience for beadwork & am amazed by those who do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful and you have a good heart to split the proceeds between two causes you support!

    ReplyDelete