Thursday, February 11, 2010

Episodes

I don't have anything new to show you today. Haven't accomplished much at all over the last few day's because I am having one of my "episodes". Dealing with the aftermath of my illness my day's fall in 2 categories. I alway's live with a great deal of pain. Between the nerve damage in the back of head, my neck and into my shoulder blades and the constant aggravation of the tumor in my spine. Pain is a part of my day that will never go away. But!!!!!! At this point, I have learned alot of mind over matter techniques that help keep most of my day's where I am in control of the pain, it's there but I can do everything I want or have to do without it stopping me. It just kind of lurks in the background. Then just about the time where maybe I am getting a bit too confident because I have been doing well.......The 2nd category kicks up. The pain is in control. I have no will power to fight it, I accomplish just about nothing because I am just exhausted from dealing with the pain. These day's are my episode day's, usually they only last 2 or 3 day's and then I climb on top. The good news is that I go longer and longer between these episode's and I am very grateful for that. Sometimes I think they are happening when I have done a bit tooo much and telling me to slow down but that's not happening (big grin) stubborness is also a character trait.

So what I have done this week is first of all, I joined the Createability Team on Etsy , looking for something more to keep myself involved in the outside world. I think it may be fun. Now I am hoping to get back to some beadwork here.....soon as I have the energy to pick up this darn needle and thread it!
Hope your having a great day

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Debbie. Wishing you strength!

    -an Etsy friend,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I am sorry to hear about this. :o) Wish there was something I could do to help, but I definitely commend you on your positive attitude!! Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete