Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Special

I am not exactly sure how to start this post without leaving the wrong impression. I need some serious help and need to tell you what I am doing without seeming to be a whiner or want to give a "poor poor me" impression so I am going to first of all just give you the facts. I have alway's sold my work basically to replace supplies. When my illness hit the worst I started on Ebay and then on to Etsy to sell but I think I do it more for the social aspect and involvement in something besides myself more than making money. Sales have never been wonderful but enough to keep me moving forward. Now a big issue.........
If you have been following my blog for a while you know I struggle financially on an everday basis. My self, my daughter and her 2 children have been trying to live on my disability check and it truly has not been easy but we have been doing what we needed to do to get by.
2 weeks ago , my daughter was finally diagnosed after over a year of being unable to work but none of the Dr.s being able to find out what was wrong with her. A new neurologist has read all her films and bloodwork etc. She has my disease (chiari malformation) plus a few added complications . She has hydrocephilitis so badly it is crushing the nerves which is why her hands and feet are not working. So we have a long uphill battle of surgeries and therapy ahead and will not know until it's all done if they were able to help her enough for her to return to a job or will she be like me and so disabled as to be unable to work. That all remains to be seen while this play's out.
Now the facts. We have been losing things for a while. We lost tv last December, not the end of the world but tought to be without. I because I have such a small disability check was receiving food stamps for my grandkids, because I attempted to work a few hours a day for a few months, they took most of them away from me. I am struggling to keep my grandkids fed. I lost my health insurance because I made $12.00 a month too much at my 2 hour a day job, the sad part about that is I had to leave the job after a few months because my physical disabilites impaired my ability to do the work.
Now here I sit, not enough food in the house ever, no tv for the grandkids, no way to pay for my prescriptions, and the latest, they are turning my electricity off in 2 day's. There are no options, no where to go, no money to move, no one to help us so It is on my head to figure it out.

Now why am I telling you all this if I am not just whining about poor me? Because I am going to ask for your help. I am going to ask you to help me spread the word about a sale I am going to have in my Etsy shop. Not quite sure how to advertise other than starting a promo thread and putting something in my announcement but here it is:

Starting now.....I am having a make me an offer sale. See something you like but not the price... send me a convo....make me an offer.....any reasonable offer accepted. I will go in and make a special reserved listing of that item with your price.

So there it is. I am plain and simple asking you to help spread the work about my sale. Obviously people who make their own jewelry aren't going to be interested but I know there
are alot of people out there who don't and these are the people I want to reach, by blog, by twitter, by any means, a handful of sales will help me fight to keep the power on so I will feel I am making my best attempt to rise above this. And then pray I never have to post something like this again! Thank you for helping me spread the word.
www.debsparkles.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment