Thursday, June 20, 2013

En Pointe

For those of you who have been reading my blog for a few years, You know I live in Saratoga Springs, NY, home of 150 years of Harness Racing.  We also have other major attractions such as the Saratoga Performing Arts Center.  All summer we have major events such as the Opera, Orchestras, Bluegrass Festivals and for a few weeks summer the NYC Ballet calls Saratoga Home. 
We are a tourist town.  Our winters are spent getting ready for the summer overload and each year they seem to have some type of theme.  Yesterday I spotted a truck going down the road with some of these 5" tall ballet slippered feet.  Handpainted by local artists, they are truly gorgeous.  Each one is painted differently.   A number of years ago, this was done with fiberglass horses and we had them allover town painted and decorated in so many striking way's it would make your head spin.  At the end of tourist season the horses were auctioned off to benefit a local charity.  Many of the horses were bought by local businesses so we get to enjoy them every summer.  I think I will try to take a walk and snap a picture for you in the mean time  I just love this years ballet motif.  Wondering if they would plant one on my front yard?

No comments:

Post a Comment