Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Nights

I love Friday Nights. I have had the day off and spent the day doing my laundry for the next work week. My evening is mine because I have Saturday off too. That means I can stay up as late as I want, start new creations, watch silly tv shows. So I am starting a new picture, I actually have done a few necklaces over the last few day's and NEED to start a new painting.
I am making a sand castle. This one on raw canvas. I have a ton of it having collected it over the years for different projects but could not use it for my pictures because I can't use a regular embroider hoop with it. My mom gave me a square scrolling embroidery frame the other day and it is perfect. The slits for my canvas are the perfect size. When the frame is all together I have just the right amount of work area and I can roll a good amount of canvas so that when I need to I just scroll it up or down . I am tickled about this. Now I don't have to wait until I have money to buy stretchers and have them done for me, I can make pictures and have them stretched as I can.
I have not yet decided on the background for this, either it will be setting on the beach or underwater with a few beaded fishes coming home, I will decide as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment