Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Green Thumb

I admit it. I don't have one. Give me a plant and I promise I can kill it in one week. But I am so very excited about what's happening in front of my house. I live in the city and have no front yard. Just the few inches before the side walk and a little 3 ft by 3 ft square next to the porch.
I used to spend a fortune buying flowers everyspring and planting them in this spot. A few years ago I noticed in my backyard (small jungle) I had a lot of wild morning glories growing. Little by little I started digging up the little sprouts and transplanting them in the front. They were very small and straggly and for a while they looked like they were going to die. But then they took hold. What you see here has happened just over the last few weeks and even though they are not out today because it's a truly gloomy , rainy day, I have lot's of buds ready to flower when the sun peeps out. I can't wait to show you how much they grow in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment